Caboose Rooms & Suites
The rooms and suites in our two authentic 1929 Santa Fe cabooses are favorites with our guests.
The Little Red Cabooses, retired from the Atchinson, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (ATSF), have been remodeled for comfort and fun!
Caboose rooms and suites are equipped with everything a motel room has. This unrivaled lodging experience creates lasting memories!
Caboose Room Info:
- Caboose #1 — One queen bed, and two queens in a bunk bed set. Sleeps 6 total.
- Caboose #2 — One queen bed, two extra long, adult twin beds, and one single youth bed. Sleeps 5 total.
- Local telephone
- Color cable TV
- Coffee maker
- Microwave oven
- Parking space close to caboose door
- Non-smoking all rooms
- No pets are allowed in the cabooses.
Check In Time: 3 pm
Check Out Time: 10 am
Other Facilities Available:
- Indoor pool open spring to fall
- Playground & horseshoe pit
- Meeting room & general store
- Coin-op laundry
- Two gas BBQs for caboose and motel guests
- Large flagstone woodburning fire ring (firewood available in our General Store)
Haunted Caboose #2:
Over the past few years, an increasing amount of guests have mentioned unusual things happening in Caboose #2.
They've reported strange sounds, lights going on and off for no reason, and even an old conductor walking
through, swinging a lantern in the middle of the dark night. A housekeeper said she hears talking or whispering in the
middle of the day when no one else is around.
They all say there is some type of inexplicable synergy taking place inside Caboose #2.
We looked for logical explanations, but couldn't find anything.